Monday, May 07, 2012

Some sort of Assemble pun

So today I watched a movie. Over here it's called Avengers Assemble so we don't confuse it with Steed and Mrs Peel (like my mum and granny did, in two separate conversations). I've been waiting for this movie for a while. What did I think?

Love!

It's great. Joss Whedon can direct movies like the proverbial boss and hopefully this gives him some much needed Hollywood clout. Each member of the team gets a moment to shine and they act like a team, eventually. This is a Marvel movie after all. Stan Lee is in there, as usual. The New York public act like they always do in Marvel comics. Loki is incredibly manipulative. There are some tears and a great teaser for the inevitable followup.

I saw it with Sarah, Eoin, Aoife, Owen and Jenny. I don't know about the rest of them but for me, it was pure unadulterated joy. Go see this movie.


2 comments:

Ciaran Lucas said...

YES. I'm realllllllly glad it didn't disappoint.

Whatever you do, avoid the Hoff as Nick Fury film. Saw a clip today and it left such a bitter taste in my mouth.

Because AA showed us shittyawesome is nowhere near as goos as jossawesome.

...jossome...jawesome...

...touche, street sharks. touche.

Unknown said...

Too late Ciaran, I saw the Hoff as Fury years back, late one night on ITV. It's pretty hilariously bad.